It was the shepherds of the Tibetan Mountains way back in 15th century, who first discovered the fascinations of Cordyceps Extract, using it mainly to treat their sick cattle. Although it was the discovery of its benefits to humans that made this fungus really popular.
Commonly known in English as Caterpillar Fungus or Winter Worm Summer Flower, this mushroom is usually found in the wet and tropical forests of some countries in The East, including, China, Nepal, Vietnam, Korea and Thailand. It is usually sweet and tasteless in taste but leaves a warming effect after eating.
The Cordyceps Mushroom is kind of hard to find, making it a very priced ingredient both for medicine and for cooking. In fact , it is a essential ingredient in some of the pricey culinary delicacies in China, like soups and brews.
But aside from acting as a tonic and immunity mechanism booster, there remain a lot of benefits that it can offer to a person’s overall being. Here are some of them:
- It buttress and protects the heart, lungs and kidneys.
- It's an effective remedy for folk who have got a respiration problem, for example, asthma, cough, chest congestion, wheezing and shortness of breath.
- Using this mushroom can reinforce one’s vivacity so helping him to perform better in physical actions.
- Just like in ancient medication, Cordyceps Mushroom may also be used to treat a person's overall fatigue, weakness and debilitation. It can also help prompt deep and calm sleep.
- It can be employed as an aphrodisiac to maximise one’s sexual performance. Infrequently, it is furthermore used to treat erectile Problems in men as well as other issues on infertility and impotency.
- This mushroom slows down growing older thru body rejuvenation and physical potential restoration.
- This fungus contains anti-oxidants that aids in the treatment of different degenerative illnesses.
- It helps lower bad cholesterol and lowers the risk of stroke and heart sicknesses.
- It permits the thinning of blood clots and prevents the formation of plaques that clog the arteries.
- A few studies show that this mushroom possesses cancer-fighting attributes so helping reduce cancers; it also great for folk undergoing chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
The discovery of its benefits to human health opened the gates for various opportunities to use this mushroom. The most noteworthy maybe is when Chinese ladies that competed in the track and field event in the Olympics, broke nine world records, saying that this was because they took this mushroom everyday during coaching. But till then, more studies would still have to be conducted to absolutely know the true cost of Cordyceps Mushroom in people’s health.
Brandon Gilbert is an herbal expert, teacher, and ardent blogger who has dedicated his to consistent learning and education. You can discover more about Cordyceps Mushroom checking out this article on howcordyceps mushroom benefitsthe body in a plethora of tactics.